Adeline’s Dream (2005) is an historical novel for young readers. The novel (part of Coteau Books From Many Peoples series) is set in 1910 in Qu’Appelle, Saskatchewan, and based on actual historical events from the town history, although the characters are fictional.
About Adeline’s Dream:
- Main themes in the novel include immigration (Adeline’s family is from Germany), fitting into a new community and school, friendship, and finding ways to fulfill our dreams.
- School Library Journal said, “Readers who enjoy historical fiction will be served well by this title.”
- Children’s Literature said, “Aksomitis has created a heart-warming story about learning to adapt and maintaining hope during a time of change.”
* Read the Google Books preview.
* Get the FREE pdf Teacher’s Guide.
* Purchase directly from Coteau Books at: http://coteaubooks.com/index.php?p=Shop&redirect=product-info.php?pid75.html
* Read posts about the history behind Adeline’s Dream and how Linda incorporated facts into the fiction.