Linda’s 2016 Speaking Engagements
October 14/16 – Manila, Phillipines – Full day ebook publishing workshop with TBEX
July 16/16 – Stockholm, Sweden – TBEX – Publishing ebooks
May 31/16 – Bloomington, Minnesota – TBEX – Ebooks
May 3/16 – Regina U of R – Technology in Learning (TLT 2016) Conference
April 20/16 – Regina Public Library – Sunrise Branch – E-Publishing
April 27/16 – Regina Public Library – Connaught Branch – Web Writing
Linda’s Speaking Career
I began my speaking career in sixth grade by winning a school competition. It wasn’t until the early 1980s, when I started working with PFAFF (the sewing machine company), that I pursued the speaking aspect of my career more fully. I refined her skills during my five years with PFAFF, speaking to audiences of 250+ people.
My speaking engagements and experiences since then have included:
- Giving media press releases for the Saskatchewan Snowmobile Association at various organizational meetings across the midwest states
- A decade of serger sewing workshops
- Keynote addresses and engagements through the Write On Speaker’s Bureau with organizations and conferences in the prairie provinces and a SCBWI Conference in Ottawa
- A decade of professional development workshops for library staff
- A readings tour of Northern Saskatchewan hosted by the PNLS, the Northern Library System
- Fifteen years of writing workshops hosted by the Saskatchewan Writers Guild
- Various presentations on Web development and design given across Canada including the Professional Writers Association of Canada (PWAC) and the Travel Media Association of Canada (TMAC) and the Saskatchewan Writers’s Guild (SWG)
I have been visiting schools and libraries giving author readings for more than thirty-five years.
With more than a decade of experience as a school librarian, I enjoy returning to libraries to inspire children to be excited about reading the same way I was as a child.
I use powerpoint demonstrations to add visual elements to presentations. Children are drawn in by my travel adventures around the world and the excitement of seeing how an author researches the stories in-depth before bringing them to life in words. Since I’m also a photojournalist, I have a wide collection of exciting images to share.
Funding may be available through:
For Saskatchewan schools & libraries — Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild