Vacations seem to spend the days like calories at dessert time…they never go as far as you’d like!
It has been an interesting week though, as I explore new Web 2.0 applications and write an article a day for my 2012 summer staycation on guide2travel.ca, my travel blog where I revisit some of my favorite destinations of summers (and winters!) past.
I created and uploaded a new slideshow on the Sarawak Cultural Village to slideshare.com, which is a great service that lets you share your PowerPoint presentations. I’ve embedded a number of slideshows others have made in course materials I’ve created for my library technician courses over the past two years, but hadn’t done any sharing myself until now. Here’s the link: http://www.slideshare.net/aksomitis/rainforest-world-music-festival
If you’d like to know more about Slideshare, see: http://www.slideshare.net/about
Then, I signed up for a new service called Chime-In that lets you make storyboards with links/images/webpages. It’s a little like Pinterest, only instead of creating subject boards you use up to seven keywords to describe your storyboard. Like Pinterest, you drag the Chime In tool to your bookmarks option on your browser, then start chiming about the great sites you find on the Web.
While the information I find on the Web says Chime-In is supposed to pay people for posting, I wasn’t advised of that when I signed on. Here’s a tutorial from HubPages on how to use Chime-In: http://haunty.hubpages.com/hub/What-the-Heck-is-Chimein
This week’s Staycation Stops at guide2travel.ca
- #30 – Jumping off Whistler Mountain (Whistler, British Columbia, Canada) — http://guide2travel.ca/2012/07/staycation-stop-30-jumping-off-whistler-mountain/
- #29 – Shop at the Budapest Market Hall and enjoy a traditional Hungarian meal at Fakanál Restaurant (Budapest, Hungary) – http://guide2travel.ca/2012/07/shop-shop-shop-staycation-stop-29/
- #28 – Music in the Rainforest – The Rainforest World Music Festival (Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia) – http://guide2travel.ca/2012/07/music-in-the-rainforest-staycation-stop-28/
- #27 – Sturgis, the world’s largest motorcycle rally (Sturgis, South Dakota, U.S.) – http://guide2travel.ca/2012/07/sturgis-bike-rally-staycation-stop-27/
- #26 – Harderbahn Funicular (tram ride into the alps–somewhat like a roller-coaster) in Interlaken (Interlaken, Switzerland) – http://guide2travel.ca/2012/07/harderbahn-funicular-staycation-stop-26/
And I’ll leave you with a photo of me from Switzerland. Stay tuned for five more exciting staycation stops next week as I continue to go through my albums and travel adventures! And of course, a few more Web 2.0 tools I find to use in my Web development.