Adeline’s Dream (2005) is an historical novel for young readers. The novel (part of Coteau Books From Many Peoples series) is set in 1910 in Qu’Appelle, Saskatchewan, and based on actual historical events from the town history, although the characters are fictional.
About Adeline’s Dream:
- Main themes in the novel include immigration (Adeline’s family is from Germany), fitting into a new community and school, friendship, and finding ways to fulfill our dreams.
- School Library Journal said, “Readers who enjoy historical fiction will be served well by this title.”
- Children’s Literature said, “Aksomitis has created a heart-warming story about learning to adapt and maintaining hope during a time of change.”
- A review on CM Magazine.
Articles on Writing Adeline’s Dream
Read posts about the history behind Adeline’s Dream and how Linda incorporated facts into the fiction.
Read an Article by Linda
- How to Make Money Selling Romance Ebooks: 5 Things You May Not Know
- How Do I Turn My Story Into An Early Reader Book?
- What’s the difference between picture books and early readers?
- Answers to 20 Common Ebook Publishing Questions on How to Get Started Self Publishing
- Red Riding Hood: First eBook in the Magic Forest Beginner Reader Series