Twelve-year-old Lucas Vogel has lost his parents in the 1900 Galveston Hurricane. Now, eight months later, he’s being dragged off to the frontier to chase longhorns instead of in school reading books and learning.
Lucas, a Pinkerton Agent-in-training, would rather be looking for outlaws than learning to ride a horse in the thick dust following a cattle drive.
However, Lucas soon discovers the buttes of Montana and the Big Muddy make great outlaw hideouts and he finds himself deeper into outlaw adventures than he’s ever imagined when he encounters the Sundance Kid.
But of course, Gil thinks he’s imagining things. Will his brother ever realize he’s growing up—or give him some say in their future?
More about Longhorns and Outlaws:
Published by Coteau Books, September, 2008, ISBN: 978-1550503784
Buy an Autographed Copy of Longhorns and Outlaws
Coteau Books, the print publisher of Longhorns and Outlaws, closed its doors. However, you can buy print copies of Longhorns and Outlaws from Our Little Bookshop, which is operated by Linda’s writers’ group.
Read an Article by Linda
- Roald Dahl Day 2021: Quick Ways To Get Your Kids Reading This September
- How Do You Find Out Which Publishers Are Selling Best on Amazon & How Much Money You’d Earn?
- How to Make Money Selling Romance Ebooks: 5 Things You May Not Know
- How Do I Turn My Story Into An Early Reader Book?
- What’s the difference between picture books and early readers?